[darcs-users] Account Review.Paypal Team identified some unusual activity in your account

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue May 10 13:06:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 02:28:42PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Ketil Malde:
> >> I'm suggesting that the mailing list admin(s) could simply block
> >> all emails coming from security at paypal.com .
> >
> > Or block (i.e. moderate) all non-subscriber email - there's been a
> > little spam lately.
>
> What about using some agressive blacklist for mail from
> non-subscribers?  Currently, there isn't a script which can be used to
> probe sender addresses for list membership, but I always wanted to
> write that one. 8-) Integreation into Exim wouldn't be difficult once
> the script exists.

Mailman already supports blacklisting.  And since I moderate all non-users
posts to darcs-devel, and it's easy to add addresses to the blacklist
there, it's straightforward to move it over to darcs-users from time to
time.  I only recently started doing the blacklist thing (since I didn't
realize it was an option) but I figure it'll sort of accumulate.

If someone wants to volunteer to moderate the list, that would be
great... :) It would make sense to put the same person in charge of
moderating darcs-devel (which means approving on-topic posts by
nonmembers--once per nonmember, as they get added to a whitelist--and
blacklisting spam addresses as they come) and updating the blacklist for
darcs-users.
http://www.darcs.net