[darcs-users] Easiest way to revert a single file?

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Fri May 13 21:49:03 UTC 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Colin McMillen wrote:

> Even though I specified -v, it's not giving me any useful info on *what*
> depends on this patch, so I apparently can't make darcs roll me back.

I have this problem too quite often, though the dependencies are generally
sufficiently obvious to me that I can work it out in my head.

A darcs unpull --with-deps would be very helpful.

> annotate took 2:54 minutes
> unpull took 2:11 before failing
> get took 0:59

You may find that you can speed up your gets by checkpointing your
repository at a point just before the first thing you might want to
revert, and then using darcs get --partial to grab the second copy. That
doesn't solve the main problem with annotate, of course.

Cheers,

Ganesh