[darcs-users] Re: Cannot checkpoint after conversion from CVS?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun May 15 19:10:15 UTC 2005

On Sunday 15 May 2005 20:26, James Bruce wrote:
> Is it really that case that *nobody* has run into the problem I
> described below?

Never seen this, no.

> Since I wasn't able to provide a solution for the people at work in a
> timely manner, it looks like they'll be moving to Subversion.  I still
> love darcs and use it for my personal projects, but I feel like we
> missed an opportunity.

In that case; some wild ideas..
- did you do the optimise in a full checkout, or in a --partial one? It
should be done in a full one.
- try a newer version and report if it works there
- use 'darcs changes --xml' to find the hash of a tag and then open the file
with that name in _darcs/patches to make sure you actually have a patch
that has directly after the first char the TAG type.
- make sure you dont have a ~/.darcs/defaults file with options for optimise

Cheers.
--
Thomas Zander