[darcs-users] Re: Cannot checkpoint after conversion from CVS?

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Sun May 15 19:18:48 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 02:26:42PM -0400, James Bruce wrote:
> Is it really that case that *nobody* has run into the problem I
> described below?

I am not sure, but it may occur more often when you convert from
other VCS, when you have unordered tags.

The way to deal with this with stable darcs is to pull a tag to a fresh
repository, checkpoint it, and the pull the rest of patches.

With darcs-unstalbe you could try this command:

    darcs optimize --checkpoint --reorder-patches-like

> Since I wasn't able to provide a solution for the people at work in a
> timely manner, it looks like they'll be moving to Subversion.  I still
> love darcs and use it for my personal projects, but I feel like we
> missed an opportunity.

That's a shame :-(

Best regards
Tomasz