[darcs-users] when darcs is slow, it is really really slow

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri May 20 17:17:29 UTC 2005

> But darcs has an incredibly steep performance drop-off.

Yes.  A darcs merge typically either terminates in seconds, or never
terminates.

> Even though I added '--verbose' flag, the last time it displayed
> anything was "diffing dir..." about 8.5 hours ago.

Sorry, you're in trouble.  The only solution is to do a manual merge.

Go to the source repository, do

  darcs diff -u --patch='the patch I cannot merge' > silly.patch

and then in the target repository, do

  patch -p1 < .../silly.patch

check all rejects, and then do a record.

>From that point, you'll have to do manual merges for any files touched
by that patch, unfortunately.  I've been thinking about better
workarounds, but they're tricky.

                                        Juliusz