[darcs-users] failure building 1.0.3

Michael Davidson mdavids at bantha.org
Wed May 25 14:10:56 UTC 2005

I was able to build 1.0.3rc2 just fine, but after pulling, I now get this:

---
[mdavids at bantha]~/src/darcs 42 % ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.2.1
[mdavids at bantha]~/src/darcs 43 % gmake
ghc  -cpp  -package parsec -package unix -O -funbox-strict-fields  -Wall -Werror -package util -I. -DHAVE_CURL -c Workaround.hs

Workaround.hs:32:
    Couldn't match `FilePath' against `Bool'
        Expected type: FilePath
        Inferred type: Bool
    In the third argument of `GHC.Handle.openFd', namely `b'
    In the definition of `openFd':
        openFd fd x y z a b = GHC.Handle.openFd fd x b y z a
gmake: *** [Workaround.o] Error 1
---

I see in Workaround.hs that this is compensation for a change in the
openFd API; was this a change in 6.4? I can easily change it back, but I
want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Is compilation with 6.2.1
something that darcs will support going forward?

Michael