[darcs-users] Programmatic invocation

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Nov 4 12:58:03 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 01:46:55PM +0100, Radosaw Grzanka wrote:
> So you are proposing some kind of switch to darcs like "--machine-mode"?
> This is completely different solution from what I've understood from your

Perhaps that's because you missed my earlier post:

http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2005-November/008652.html

> In machine-mode we could provide constant api which wouldn't change even
> if users taste change. If i.e. 'revert' command would change in the
> future due to change in terminology to let's say 'undo' we wouldn't care
> for machine mode.

No, that's not the point.  The point is that only the output of darcs needs
to be modified to be easy to parse.

> Mixing user's interface with machine's interface is not really good
> idea. That is ofcourse only my opininon but I think there will be trouble
> with it.

Maintaining a separate API will also cause trouble.  Trouble is unavoidable.
http://www.darcs.net