[darcs-users] applying patches on windows

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Nov 4 15:43:42 UTC 2005

>>> I think I am experiencing a newline problem, but don't know how to
>>> resolve it.

>> Are you using Cygwin?

> I tried it both from DOS and from bash/cygwin and get the same
> results.

That's irrelevant.  If you have the Cygwin versions of scp, sshd and
gzip, you are using Cygwin whether you run them from the Cygwin or the
native shell.

For a quick workaround, please remount all of your Cygwin mountpoints
in binary mode, and try again.

Cygwin is designed to silently corrupt your data files on occasion.
The only way to be safe is to completely uninstall Cygwin from your
system and replace it with native tools (such as Putty and the Mingw/MSYS
suite).

                                        Juliusz