[darcs-users] Linking between repos

Thiago Arrais thiago.arrais at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:44:16 UTC 2005

Darcsians,

I have a darcs repo with some branches, just like many of you. My
issue is the whole structure is getting quite large, and I wanted to
optimize the total size by using symlinks, since most of the patches
on the "trunk" repo and on the branches are the same.

Being the good student I am, I have done my homework and looked for
the manual. Is says that "Whenever you invoke darcs get to copy a
repository from a local filesystem onto the same filesystem, Darcs
will link patches whenever possible".

Well, I tried but found no success in making the 'darcs get' command
link between the repos. I also tried using the 'optimize --relink'
option, as stated on the manual, again with no success.

For what is worth, I am using version 1.0.4rc2 (the one available for
download at the home page).

$ darcs --version
1.0.4rc2 (unknown)

I am overlooking something here?

Cheers,

Thiago Arrais
--
Mergulhando no Caos - http://thiagoarrais.blogspot.com
Pensamentos, idéias e devaneios sobre desenvolvimento de software e