[darcs-users] Darcs push using ssh

Lst Recv listrecv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 04:13:34 UTC 2005

Hi.  First, thanks for darcs - it's great software!

It seems that darcs is having trouble using my ssh/scp properly.
(Yes, I do have the .ssh/authorized_keys2 set up properly.)

C:\Codeproj>scp
rbrown at 10.3.111.164:/home/rbrown/codeproj/_darcs/inventory \eraseme\
test
inventory                                     100%    3     0.0KB/s   00:00

C:\Codeproj>\eraseme\darcs.exe push -v --dry-run
rbrown at 10.3.111.164:/home/rbrown/cal
ltrack
Host key verification failed.
lost connection
Invalid repository:  rbrown at 10.3.111.164:/home/rbrown/codeproj

darcs failed:  (scp) failed to fetch:
rbrown at 10.3.111.164:/home/rbrown/codeproj/_darc
s/inventory

C:\Codeproj>

ssh works fine, also with no password.

Obviously, when darcs invokes ssh/scp, it's getting "Host key
verification errors" and dropping the connection, even though the key
is correct, and ssh has accepted.  Perhaps darcs is running ssh in a
way that it can't find the home dir with the authorized hosts - even
though running ssh from the cmd line works fine.

I'm running Windows XP, darcs windows binary, and cygwin ssh/scp.

Can anyone help me solve this?

PS Please CC me on all responses