[darcs-users] darcs 1.0.4 - big record problem on windows

Edwin Thomson edwin.thomson at businesswebsoftware.com
Tue Nov 15 13:45:39 UTC 2005

Radosław Grzanka wrote:
> I have a problem with recording big patch under windows with darcs
> 1.0.4. The bug does not occur with 1.0.3.
>   Anyway, there is 2100 files to be added and which totals to 20 MB in size.
>   Darcs fails with unexpected error (standard windows "send details"
> dialog pop ups)

The same thing happens with the 1.0.4 I built.  It's not just big repos,
though.  It seems to be caused by any command that needs to do something
with the compression.  Record succeeds if --dont-compress is set, and
fails after asking for the long comment otherwise.  This happens to me
on any repo.  I think I'm using the cygwin version of zlib, version 1.2.3.

Edwin