[darcs-users] Unable to get repo over ssh in 1.0.4

Edwin Thomson edwin.thomson at businesswebsoftware.com
Wed Nov 16 14:41:25 UTC 2005

Hello

I'm using darcs on Windows, with Putty's ssh, scp and sftp. Version
1.0.3 has been working fine, but when I try to get a repo over ssh using
1.0.4 I get the error:
"darcs.exe: c:/tc/test/_darcs/patches/darcs255a09: removeFile:
permission denied (Permission denied)"

After this happens, I locally have all the patches, but no working or
pristine tree. "darcs repair" can then build the pristine tree.  If the
get was partial, the checkpoint file isn't there and the tree can't be
repaired like this.

If I do a local get, everything works fine.  The failure happens for any
repo I tried, including one which is just "darcs init" in an empty
directory.

This is all with the official binary.  I've not yet managed to build
from source.

Edwin