[darcs-users] Changing _darcs

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Nov 17 12:33:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 11:56:55PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> >> Is there anyway I could put a "." in front of my _darcs dir?  I'd like
> >> to do this so that it is not included by default when I run tools.
>
> > This would be the sort of change that would be up Juliusz's alley...
>
> I happen to be opposed to the change.  I rather like the fact that
> when I look at a remote directory in a web browser I immediately
> notice if it's a Darcs repository.

Yes, but if you *did* like the change, you'd be the most capable person of
making it!  :) I'd not be opposed to making an optional change, but
obviously I was the one who chose _darcs in the first place, and while it
can be a bit annoying, I also don't really like the idea of hiding a
potentially very, very large directory.
http://www.darcs.net