[darcs-users] Re: send.sh test still fail

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Nov 17 12:54:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 04:34:44PM +0900, Jens Petersen wrote:
> Gaetan Lehmann wrote:
> > I can't get why, but I can't reproduce that problem today. The test
> > pass  without problem !
>
> > Perhap's Jens can still reproduce it ?
>
> Yep, but only in the Fedora Extras buildsystem, which uses mock to build in a
> minimal buildroot.  It build fine with mock on my own workstation.
>
> For now I'm just skipping send.sh for Fedora Extras.

Ah, I think I know what it is.  Darcs requires that /usr/sbin/sendmail be
present (during configure) in order to hard-code the path to the binary
that will be used for sending email.  You can get around this by specifying

./configure --with-sendmail=/usr/sbin/sendmail

when configuring.  If darcs has no idea where to locate sendmail, the
email-sending capability is turned off--even if --with-sendmail is passed
to darcs on the command line.  The debian build scripts have a mailer as a
build-dependency (which is indeed a nasty hack).

Another approach would just to be to hard-code /usr/sbin/sendmail if we
can't locate a sendmail at configure time...
http://www.darcs.net