[darcs-users] weird error with darcs-createrepo

ecocode ecomail at ecocode.net
Fri Nov 18 08:37:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm new to darcs and want to setup a mail-system on my server.

I have a consistent (checked with darcs check) repo called 'ia'.
I issued 'darcs createrepo' as root and entered 2 valid mail addresses
and the directory called 'ia'.

Then I got this error :

Creating user 'darcs'...
adduser: Warning: The home dir you specified already exists.
The user `darcs' already exists as a system user. Exiting...
What email address should I forward unauthorized patches to?
darcs-rejected at my-server.com
Where is the existing repository I am to start with?
/home/eco/repos/ia
Old repo is /home/eco/repos/ia
Invalid repository:  /home/eco/repos/ia
darcs: /home/eco/repos/ia/_darcs/inventory: openBinaryFile:
permission denied (Permission denied)

Error copying over from the old repo.

I've checked the authorization on the file and even made it writeable by
everybody . I also made the dir (and sub-dirs) /var/lib/darcs writeable
by everybody.

What am I doing wrong ??

The only thing that I think of is that the first time I launched darcs
createrepo I entered a wrong directory and that interrupted the
program. But I don't know if this could harm ?

Thanks

--
Eco
http://www.ecocode.net