[darcs-users] Re: Programmatic invocation

Edwin Thomson edwin.thomson at businesswebsoftware.com
Fri Nov 18 10:59:03 UTC 2005

Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

 >   - darcs batch take-lock;
 >   - darcs batch whatsnew;
 >   - allow the user to select the hunks he wants to record and enter a
 >     log message;
 >   - darcs batch record, with the list of hunks computed in the
 >     previous step;
 >   - darcs batch release-lock.
 >
 > If somebody is willing to implement the GUI, I'm willing to implement
 > darcs batch.
 >
 >                                         Juliusz

I've been working on adding Darcs support to TortoiseCVS (for Windows),
and although the current result is just about usable, it has a lot of
limitations, many of which would be much easier to sort out if darcs had
a batch mode like the one you describe.  I for one would certainly be
happy to see these features.

Edwin