[darcs-users] Darcsless SSH push (was: Darcs get without hard links)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sat Nov 19 11:42:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 08:48:07PM -0500, Max Battcher wrote:
> For the Patch Box server you could do the same thing...  just copy a
> "maximal context patch" to the server.  Don't worry about an inventory
> update or anything.  Obviously, this isn't quite a "push", so you you
> might be better off making it a part of the "send" command (SSH send) or
> a new command.

I think the way to implement your idea would be with a "patch bundle
repository", which would just store patch bundles (the objects output by
send).  It's a different way of storing patches, and the ideas are there.
It'd be less efficient, but would allow signed patches and simple updates.
http://www.darcs.net