[darcs-users] Re: A few comments about Git

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Sun Nov 20 16:02:25 UTC 2005

>     Juliusz> No.  Darcs-Git will never work really well.

> I'm not talking about Darcs-Git ...

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you.

> I suspect you already see this, but to give other people an idea of
> what we're talking about, let me unpack that.  I see no reason you
> can't put a patch in a blob.

Interesting suggestion.  What does it buy you?

> Seems like you're thinking similar thoughts:
>
>     Juliusz> I'd like to see [Git] become the standard interchange
>     Juliusz> format for transferring data between revision control
>     Juliusz> systems[.]

No, not at all.  What David and I are thinking of is solving the
n-squared problem of transferring data between VC systems by
standardising on the native Git format (not the Darcs format encoded
within the Git database) as the interchange format.

                                        Juliusz