[darcs-users] Yes Please! then I won't need darcs email accounts was Re: DARCS_PUSH_HTTPS="curl -d @-" via internal libcurl?

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Mon Nov 21 16:35:03 UTC 2005

Adam Megacz <megacz at cs.berkeley.edu> writes:

> Is there a way to get darcs to wrap up a bundle of patches and
> transmit them via HTTPS POST to the URL associated with a repository
> using libcurl (to which it is already linked) rather than some
> external command?
>
> I'm mainly concerned here with Windows users who don't have Cygwin.
> Security isn't a major issue (username/password is enough for us).
>
> If darcs does not currently have this functionality, I would be happy
> to add it.  If such a patch were written cleanly, would it stand a
> decent chance of getting accepted?

I think it's a brilliant idea, I had the idea myself some months ago.
I just haven't had time to sit down and try writing the code.
It's a pain to setup a separate email account for each darcs repo, and not all
of my developers have email setup correctly on their desktop.
It would be *much* easier to be able to use libcurl to POST gpg signed patches
via darcs.cgi or just some random cgi.

darcs' email patch support is just a shell script that calls darcs apply.
If you use the same approach by POST'ing GPG signed patches, a small CGI
script in any language should suffice.

If you write this, I will use it. If you don't write this, I'll write it
sometime in the next six months when I get around to it.

Please write this so I can be lazy!
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - http://www.ScannedInAvian.com/ - Sockmonster once said:
You could switch out the unicycles for badgers, and the game would be the same.