[darcs-users] SVN style copying?

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Tue Nov 22 08:59:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

One feature I *really* miss in darcs from svk/svn (which I'm stuck
with for some projects) is copying...

The ability to take some code, and duplicate it makes annotation
easier and more effective when you create derived copies.

In my current work on Catalyst in the perl community i've taken lots
of code, made a copy, and then transformed it - we needed a bunch of
reboots for some plugins, which included a different API, but some
shared code.

Some people might also like the trunk/branches/tags topology, and it
might be nice to support it for those people when they work with a
more central darcs repository. Maintaining darcs style tags has a
certain overhead, because it isn't easily browsable on the web
without duplicating a repo per fork.

Lastly, this should also ease migration from SVN.

 /\  kung foo master: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM: neeyah!