[darcs-users] http post with DARCS_$ACTION_$PROTOCOL ? was Re: DARCS_PUSH_HTTPS="curl -d @-" via internal libcurl?

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Tue Nov 22 14:40:26 UTC 2005

Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> writes:

I want to get GPG signed patches to my repos via http.
I'm assuming that this is the best option:
'darcs send --sign http://www.ScannedInAvian.org/repos/wikiwiki'

> Well, Darcs does support pushing through POST (see DARCS_PUSH_HTTP and
> friends).  What it doesn't support is pushing through PUT with no
> remote Darcs.  I believe that the latter is what said people were
> complaining about, but I may be wrong.

It took me quite a bit of investigation to discover the DARCS_$ACTION_$PROTOCOL
documentation, and I'm still not clear how to use it.
Could you show me how to use DARCS_PUSH_HTTP to push patches?

After more investigation in the source and asking on #darcs,
I found External.maybeURLCmd, which appears to be the right thing.
Will it do the right thing with DARCS_PUSH_HTTP ?

I'll try it when I get time to setup a cgi that just dumps the post'd data.
In the meantime, if someone already knows, I'd like to hear about it.

> Please don't tell me about security not being relevant in some
> environments -- the people who say that are the very same ones whose
> computers are sending me 120 spams every day.

I just want to push/send GPG signed patches as I would through email, but using
http instead. That shouldn't change the security properties.

At some point in the future, I'd like this to handle GPG encrypted patches as
well, so companies could securely and remotely do darcs apply via HTTP.
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - http://www.ScannedInAvian.com/ - Sockmonster once said:
You could switch out the unicycles for badgers, and the game would be the same.