[darcs-users] Weird linebreak and tab output format?

Michael Shuler michael at pbandjelly.org
Thu Nov 24 17:01:53 UTC 2005

Mattias Åberg wrote:
> Is this the expected output? This is using Windows XP and darcs "1.0.4
> (unknown)".

Yes, this is expected when using Windows and a typical Windows text
editor (notepad, wordpad).  Most use <CR><LF> for "end of line" - this
translates to a "^M" ascii character.  The standard UNIX variant uses
only <LF> for "end of line."

http://www.robelle.com/library/smugbook/ascii.html

> If it is, any way to change this behaviour?

Yes, use a decent text editor and use UNIX linefeed behavior, as opposed
to Win32 carriagereturn+linefeed.

http://www.lvsonline.com/textedit/index.shtml

(cant' vouch much for the links - I don't do windows...  These were just
quick google hits on the subject that looked helpful)

Kind Regards,
Michael