[darcs-users] How do you specify negative regex patterns?

Nimrod A. Abing nimrod.abing at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 07:15:09 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have been looking around for an answer to this question and so far
I've come up empty. To give a short background on this, I have adopted
a patch naming convention for local patches like so:

prefix `date %s`-local

patches marked as such are not pushed to the remote repository.
Patches that can be pushed to the remote repository bear no such
prefix. At times, I accumulate several patches to remote and several
patches for local.

I would like to be able to specify a pattern that would allow me to
push patches not matching the pattern '^[0-9]+-local:'. Is there a way
to specify a negative pattern or just simply negate a pattern match
result? This would be similar to the perl operator !~.
--
_nimrod_a_abing_

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -- Adam Savage