[darcs-users] How to make branches.

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sat Nov 26 19:02:20 UTC 2005

Hello,

I recently started using Darcs internally for a small project and I'm
very happy with it. Now I want to try branches, and I was hoping someone
could answer a few (hopefully simple) questions.

Suppose that my project is in the directory foo/

* Will `cp -r foo/ bar/` create a branch?
* If I scp or ftp foo/ to another computer, will that create a branch?

I also don't know how I would deal with patches. The Darcs documentation
suggests that the only simple way to receive a patch is to use Mutt. I
use Thunderbird. If someone emails me a patch the way the instructions
suggest, I wouldn't know what to do with it. Dealing with patches is the
only aspect of Darcs that seems confusing and awkard to me.

Best,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://oooauthors.org