[darcs-users] How to make branches.

Albert Reiner areiner at tph.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Nov 26 20:32:43 UTC 2005

[Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com>, Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:10:54 +0000]:
> No no no, I mean, how do I *make* the patch. Like, if I want to send
> it to you.

Oh, I misunderstood.

Use `darcs record` to create the patch and make it part of your repo's
history.  You can then use `darcs send` to send the patch - or several
at once - to someone.  If you don't want darcs to mail the patch to
the recipient, you can use the --output option to specify a file.

You should not simply take the files from under foo/_darcs/patches/ as
the concrete form of a patch depends on the permutations it has
undergone, and those might be different in your repo and in mine.

You might also need a context file describing my repo that I should
have created with `darcs changes --context`.

HTH this time,

Albert.