[darcs-users] Darcs binaries

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Mon Nov 28 16:21:42 UTC 2005

Erik Schnetter wrote:
> The darcs web pages have pointers to binaries.

Yes, and those pointers are prominent and easy to find. That's not where
we had problems. We had problems actually getting the binary based on
the instructions on that page.

> It is, unfortunately, impossible to produce a statically linked  binary
> that works on all GNU/Linux systems,

:-(

> I think, if you stick to the  same glibc version number
> (2.2 or 2.3), you are still fine.

So... a darcs compiled on glibc 2.2 will /probably/ work on another
system with glibc 2.2?  Maybe we'll try that next time I talk to my
friend on IRC.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--