[darcs-users] Displaying the "graph" of a patch

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Tue Nov 29 16:31:17 UTC 2005

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of a utility that will display a (for lack of a
> better term) "graph" for a specified patch? That is, it will display
> the patches that lead up to the specified patch, kind of like a
> mindmap, and show how these patches are interconnected.
>
> The graph does not need to be GUI, even text-only will do. I think
> something like this can be used to trace how a patch came to be and
> will be useful for tracing how a bug (if you're programming) gets
> introduced into the repository. If such a tool does not exist, is this
> sort of functionality under consideration for future versions?

Get the patch named "import James Webb's deps.pl" from this repo:

https://yumyum.zooko.com:19144/pub/repos/darcs/unstable

You can browse it here, but of course if you textually copy deps.pl instead of
pulling the patch through darcs then we'll be susceptible to doppleganger
conflicts later.

https://yumyum.zooko.com:19144/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi/darcs/unstable/tools/?c=browse

Regards,

Zooko

P.S.  Did I mention it doesn't work with current darcs?  Something trivial
changed in the UI and deps.pl is waiting for "ynWvxqadjk" to be sent to stdout,
or something.  Not sure.  Please fix it and send me the patch.