[darcs-users] How to look at older versions of a file

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Nov 30 22:16:36 UTC 2005

Rosenstrauch, David wrote:
> Also, is there such a concept as branches in darcs, and if so, how
> do I accomplish that?

cp -r my_project/  my_branch/

:-)

Darcs is a distributed SCM system. In other words, it's branches with
steroids! Literally, every copy of a repository is a branch. There is no
central server. If you and I are working on a project, and I have one
copy of the files and you have another, then we have two branches.

The Darcs model is, IMHO, a better reflection of the reality that the
moment two people make different changes to the files on their
computers, there is a divergence that must be dealt with. They are branches.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://oooauthors.org