[darcs-users] How to look at older versions of a file

Richard A. Smith rsmith at bitworks-inc.com
Wed Nov 30 22:55:50 UTC 2005

Rosenstrauch, David wrote:
> How do I go back to see/compare various versions of a file?

Versions of files don't exist in darcs only patches that change files.

> Or let's say that I create a copy of my repo, and I'd like to "roll it back" to, say, a tag that I placed a couple of weeks back.  How would I go about doing that.

darcs unpull

You can then select the patches you want to back out and the copy of the
file you desire will be the version you are interested in.

darcs unpull --help

show the '--from-tag=REGEX' and the -t REGEX options.  I've never tried
but if you specifiy the tag name to this options it may automatically
select all the patches between then and now.

--
Richard A. Smith
Bitworks, Inc