[darcs-users] How to look at older versions of a file

Jonathon Mah me at JonathonMah.com
Wed Nov 30 23:44:31 UTC 2005

On 2005-12-01, at 09:37, Richard A. Smith wrote:

> Just occured to me that you may not have any patches to unpull.  In
> this case you should use unrecord.  But be warned if you don't have
> those changes in another repo they will be gone.

Uh, I think there's some confusion here. David, you need to make a
copy of the repo and use unpull. Unrecord is the exact opposite of
record -- it forgets the patch you just made, but does not alter your
working directory. I can't think of any situations where unpull would
fail but unrecord succeed.

On 2005-12-01, at 09:40, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> What would be really nice is to output the contents of one specific
> file as it was before patch xyz was applied. I think that's what
> Rob wants, and it's certainly something I would want.

You can get the diffs, so something like this may work (albeit
awkwardly):

darcs diff -u --from-patch="Some patch" file-to-diff.c | patch -R -p1

You can then revert it back to your current copy. (Be sure to back it
up if it had un-recorded changes.)

Jonathon Mah
me at JonathonMah.com