[darcs-users] Conflict marking

Richard A. Smith rsmith at bitworks-inc.com
Thu Oct 6 02:07:15 UTC 2005

> This makes it obvious that the [local] was the state of the file before
> any pulling.  This info in itself alone is more then enough for the
> majority of the cases.

That's exactly the type of output I would want.  That gives me all the
info I need.

> My objection to the above presented solution is that the text between the
> [ and ] is too long.  And can get quite a bit longer as well.

What's wrong with just the author + patch name truncated to say 60
characters?  Perhaps a "..." on the end to show the real name was
longer.  My patch names are usually less than 40 charactes or so.

In the darcs "way" you _want_ to have small defined patches and I would
say that normally those will have small patch names.  IMHO if you need
more than 40 charactes or so you have changed too much for a single patch.

--
Richard A. Smith
Bitworks, Inc