[darcs-users] darcs rollback with depth > 1

Jonathon Mah me at JonathonMah.com
Thu Oct 6 16:53:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

In my repo the two most recent patches are adding some files (A), and
modifying them (B). Obviously, B depends on A. Now I decided that I
don't want those files after all, so I want to rollback B and A.

Running 'darcs rollback' prompts me about B. If I choose 'n', then A
will be skipped as a dependency. If I hit 'y', then it will be rolled
back. So now I need to rollback A. However, running 'darcs rollback'
again prompts me if I want to rollback 'UNDO: B'. Hitting 'y' gives
'darcs failed:  cannot roll back a 'rollback' patch.', but hitting
'n' skips B and A as dependencies.

Is this a bug? How can I rollback a patch and its dependents? I'm
using the latest darcs from darcs-stable, 1.0.4rc1 (last change on
20051004132328).

And I _could_ use unrecord, but I'd like to keep the patches around
for the future, just in case. But in many cases when this would not
be an option (as the patches may have already been sent out).

Any ideas?

(As an aside: Unless there's something wrong on my end, darcs.net is
taking extremely long to respond, making me unable to search the
wiki. Hopefully it won't adversely affect the mailing list much...)

Jonathon Mah
me at JonathonMah.com