[darcs-users] Files supplied to the external merge command are missing a line of code

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sat Oct 8 12:44:10 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 06:40:42AM +1100, Netocrat wrote:
> Either no-one knows the answer or my first post to the list came across
> as peremptory (I was aiming to be concise).  In case it's the second,
> I'll clarify that before asking I did RTFM (for 1.0.2 and the version on
> the web), searched the bugs database, read selected parts of the wiki,
> non-exhaustively read the theory of patches and the FAQ, none of which
> seemed to explain the behaviour I describe.  I haven't been following the
> list but before posting I read a few recent messages from the archives.
> I code but don't know Haskell and haven't examined the source.

I was away (and am still catching up on my email).

> A quick answer that indicates whether this is expected behaviour or not
> would be great, because by my current understanding, something is amiss
> and I can't trust the external merge functionality of the version of
> darcs that I am running (as provided by Gentoo Linux's package manager).

This is a bit odd.  Is this a repository that you can make available? And
do you still have the two repositories so this can be reproduced?

My best guess is that you've got a three-way conflict here (if this isn't a
bug).  External resolution doesn't work well for worse than two-way
conflicts.
http://www.darcs.net