[darcs-users] using darcs with portage tree of gentoo

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Oct 11 13:12:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 11:29:00PM -0500, Moises Silva wrote:
> Hi Tommy, thanks for your answer. May be its possible that after adding all
> the files, darcs takes a long time in generating the patch. I guess i will
> try making smaller changes per time. Thanks again, i will report back what
> happened.

I suspect the problem is that darcs is doing a O(n^2) work.  I think you'll
find it's much faster to run

darcs record -la --boring --case-ok

for your initial record.  Darcs add does some (in this case considerable)
extra work to ensure that pending never ends up with patches plus their
inverses (e.g. if you did a darcs remove followed by darcs add of the same
file, pending should be empty--but this is a bit expensive).
http://www.darcs.net