[darcs-users] RE: darcs'ing fptools

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Oct 13 12:17:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 10:08:27AM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
> Given what you and others have said, I tend to agree that setting up a
> two-way sync sounds impractical.
>
> How about a compromise: we set up a one way sync from the new darcs repo
> back to the old CVS repo, so that those who are using CVS to just
> download the sources (particularly anonymous CVS) won't be affected
> immediately.  We would disable commits to the appropriate parts of the
> CVS repo.

Actually, I think you might consider starting with a one-way sync from CVS
to darcs, you could then work out some of the bugs in the darcs
configuration and get some of the users used to pulling with darcs, and
later switch the direction of the one-way sync to allow modification on the
darcs side of things.  I imagine that way you could pretty easily (and
quickly) switch back to syncing the other direction (and switch to a
backup) if things go wrong somehow.
http://www.darcs.net