[darcs-users] RE: darcs'ing fptools

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Thu Oct 13 15:14:20 UTC 2005

 Thomas Schwinge wrote:

> Another difficulty (show-stopper?) is the following:
> If on the (long-lived) branch you periodically sync from HEAD, these
> changes, when converted by tailor) are not equivalent to the respective
> changes on HEAD.
> That's at least how I understand it; be sure to correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right.  Good point.  One *could* run tailor up until the point of the
merge, and then manually run "darcs pull" to merge using darcs instead of
copying the results of the merge that CVS did.  One would then want to compare
to see if the results were the same.  If so, one could return to tailor.  If
not, one could figure out why not...

Regards,

Zooko