[darcs-users] More efficient and automated use of checkpoints?

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Oct 13 18:44:27 UTC 2005

> 2. If the user tries to access older information (before the last
>    checkpoint), darcs would then get the previous checkpoint, rebuild
>    the history and give the user the requested information.

You're perfectly right, and it looks like we're inconsistent in what
we're doing:

 - we don't use checkpoints in Diff;
 - we used to use checkpoints in surelySlurpPristine, but then someone
   broke the code;
 - we do use checkpoints in Check.

Concerning the second point, surely_Slurp_Current dated 20 January 2005
groks checkpoints.  It's now called surelySlurpPristine, and ignores
checkpoints splendidly.  David, Ian, Tomasz, does any of you remember
what happened?  Do I still have time to sneak a fix into 1.0.4?

                                        Juliusz