[darcs-users] darcs mv

Lexington Luthor lexington.luthor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 09:13:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

How can I get darcs to rename a file only changing the case of the filename?

This is fairly important as I accidentally created and recorded a number
of patches with a file called gnumakefile when it should be GNUmakefile
otherwise GNU make will not read it by default.

$ darcs mv foo Foo
darcs failed:  A file or dir named Foo already exists in working directory.

There is no file named "Foo" there, and this is on a linux system with a
reiserfs file system so it cant be a name clash with lowercase foo.

I am using the latest code in the stable repository.

Thanks,
LL