[darcs-users] Conflict marking

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Oct 14 12:25:48 UTC 2005

    Thomas> I respectfully disagree, based on talking with a lot of
    Thomas> people from a usability point of view (due to my
    Thomas> background) I know that the concept of 'local' is pretty
    Thomas> clear in peoples mind.

I didn't disagree with that.  My claim is that that clear concept of
"local" is *not* what darcs would label as "local" in many cases.

    Thomas> For Darcs this is extended to local-but-recorded-patches,
    Thomas> but most importantly its the *opposite* of the remote
    Thomas> repository we are pulling from.

That's what the user wants.  I don't believe darcs can give it to him
without adding substantial and possibly complex code to track which
patches have been applied so far.  I hope I'm wrong, of course.

However, I think it unlikely that *David Roundy* would have omitted
this if it were easy to do.  This is Darcs, not Arch, after all.  ;-)