[darcs-users] Announcing darcs 1.0.4rc1

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Oct 14 12:37:11 UTC 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 12:29, Jonathon Mah wrote:
> > Obliterate. There have been much debate on darcs' mailing lists
> > about the naming of Unpull, and David Roundy has now made
> > Obliterate an alias for Unpull.
>
> This fact (that they are aliases) should be made clear in the command
> help. Assuming 'unpull' would be eventually phased out, its command
> description could be changed to "Alias for obliterate", and
> 'obliterate' can remain unchanged.

I would not recommend unpull to be removed, its the opposite of pull and
we like to have opposite commands.
The alias is currently there for just one reason, discoverability; the
principle of people finding (new) things faster.
Note that for a group of people it would be bad for discoverability to
remove unpull since thats what they expect.

--
Thomas Zander