[darcs-users] How to 'darcs send' ?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Oct 17 15:24:18 UTC 2005

On Monday 17 October 2005 17:01, Serguey Zefirov wrote:
> I created a simple repository (darcs init) with only one file
> "simplefile" and 'darcs add'ed it.
>
> Then I tried 'darcs send.' Darcs responds in the sense that 'Creating
> patch to ../darcs... No recorded local changes to send!'
>
> I 'darcs record'ed my changes.
>
> Then I again tried 'darcs send.' And got the same message that there
> are no local changes to send.
>
> How to make darcs to send patches? What to do for it?

this says it all;
darcs send -h

Send is used to prepare a bundle of patches that can be applied to a
target repository.  Send accepts the URL of the repository as an
argument.  When called without an argument, send will use the most recent
repository that was either pushed to, pulled from or sent to.  By
default, the patch bundle is sent by email, although you may save it to a
file.

In other words;  you did not base your work on a remote repository so
darcs has no idea where to sent your changes to, or even what those
changes are.

--
Thomas Zander