[darcs-users] Patchworks Preview

Jonathon Mah me at JonathonMah.com
Tue Oct 18 08:37:25 UTC 2005

On 2005-10-15, at 20:21, David Roundy wrote:

>> So behold, Patchworks!
>
> Cool!
>
> What language is this written in, and will your code be made
> available to
> folks on other operating systems can port it over? I imagine a lot
> of it is
> darcs-specific and not mac-specific...

It's written in Objective-C/Cocoa. Currently it just uses regexps to
get information out of patches. The Spotlight importer talks to all
the Spotlight stuff, which isn't on other platforms, and so would be
hard/irrelevant to port. As for the (pending) UI, I imagine it
wouldn't be hard to port it over to GNUstep, which is available for
Linux, Windows, etc.

Is there documentation anywhere about darcs' patch format? So far
I've just been looking at some patches in my own repositories, but
that's hardly "robust".

Jonathon Mah
me at JonathonMah.com