[darcs-users] darcs crash ?? (1.0.3)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Oct 17 14:27:54 UTC 2005

I forgot to mention what you should do.  You have a couple of options.  One
is to ask the developer to fix her repository and send a new patch.

Another is to modify the patch yourself, and ask the developer to throw
away the corrupt repository and get a fresh one from you.  I've been taking
a look at editing the patch to add the directories that need to be added.
Alas, there are a lot of directories to be added (it turns out that there
are also subdirectories of sounds/Elaine that need to be added).  The
simplest thing (which I could explain in more detail tomorrow) would be for
the developer who sent the patch to unrecord these changes, repair the
repository and record them anew.  (Being sure to add all the relevant
directories, or to use --look-for-adds.)  If that doesn't fix the problem
(and do this in a copy of the repository), there may be a bug in darcs that
is causing the problem, in which case I'd like to hear about how precisely
the patches were created (e.g. --look-for-adds vs add --recursive).
http://www.darcs.net