[darcs-users] Patchworks Preview

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Oct 18 13:11:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 06:07:25PM +0930, Jonathon Mah wrote:
> It's written in Objective-C/Cocoa. Currently it just uses regexps to
> get information out of patches. The Spotlight importer talks to all
> the Spotlight stuff, which isn't on other platforms, and so would be
> hard/irrelevant to port. As for the (pending) UI, I imagine it
> wouldn't be hard to port it over to GNUstep, which is available for
> Linux, Windows, etc.

Hmmm.  Yeah, I didn't expect the Spotlight side to be portable, but was
thinking the GUI and patch parsing stuff might be.

> Is there documentation anywhere about darcs' patch format? So far I've
> just been looking at some patches in my own repositories, but that's
> hardly "robust".

There's some documentation in the appendix about the patch format.  It's
literate documentation, so there's some hope that it's been changed as the
patch format changes.  Definitely let us know if you come across any bugs
in the docs.  Alas, I see that the section on patch IDs is woefully brief.
There's a bit of docs hidden in PatchInfo.lhs which is never compiled into
the manual.

AJ wrote a perl program called darcshive that does some patch parsing, so
if you're using regexps you may be able to make use of some of his code for
handling patch IDs.
http://www.darcs.net