[darcs-users] Size of patches, import performance, HintsAndTips

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Oct 21 13:05:49 UTC 2005

Others have answered most of the questions well.

I'll just add that the HintsAndTips-page advice:

> On the wiki I found this on the HintsAndTips-page:
>
>  "In my experience you do not want to create a single patch of more
>   than about 2MB of data. I have found that large repositories are
>   quite managable as long as individual patches are small."

predates recent optimizations.  I wouldn't break up a repository that is
the size of the linux kernel.  As Juliusz says, there will be more
optimizations coming, but as *I forgot who* points out, merges are the more
pressing issue, and that's where I'm trying to focus my attention.
http://www.darcs.net