[darcs-users] apply --dry-run

Albert Reiner areiner at tph.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Oct 30 16:36:36 UTC 2005

Somehow I have come to expect that all darcs commands that actually
modify anything come with a --dry-run option.  Trying |darcs apply
--dry-run patchbundle| I thought I would get something like a list of
the patches in the patchbundle, followed by the hint that this is a
dry run only and the repo is not modified.  Instead, darcs complains
about an unknown option --dry-run, which is indeed not listed in the
help.

I think that adding this option might be beneficial (though obviously
of very low priority).

Best regards,

Albert.