[darcs-users] darcs on OS X, darwinports

Jason Miller millerj at truman.edu
Mon Oct 31 01:39:11 UTC 2005

Can anyone hint at how to install darcs on OS X 10.4 via
darwinports.  An install of the binary seemed to work OK on my G5,
but it's not working on my G4.  Everything seems to go all right
until I hit GHC.  The I get:

[snip]
Canonicalised to: powerpc-apple-darwin
checking for path to top of build tree... /opt/local/var/db/dports/
build/
file._opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.opendarwin.org_dpupdat
e_dports_lang_ghc/work/ghc-6.4
checking for ghc... no
checking for nhc... no
checking for nhc98... no
checking for hbc... no
configure: error: GHC is required unless bootstrapping from .hc files.

I've downloaded and attempted to install ghc 6.4.1 binary for OS X,
but it dies with the following inexplicable error:

[snip]
if test -d share/html ; then cp -r share/html/* /usr/local/share/
ghc-6.4.1/html ; fi
for i in share/*.ps; do \
         cp $i /usr/local/share/ghc-6.4.1 ; \
done
cp: share/*.ps: No such file or directory

These tow problems aren't related, but I'd like to know how to get
darcs running on my server and in a way that I can use apache to
point people to repositories.  (It's not clear how to do this when
installing from the binary available at the darcs home.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason E. Miller, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Truman State University