[darcs-users] darcs is not found on a machine I push to

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Sep 2 08:26:39 UTC 2005

This is certainly more a UNIX/ssh problem than a darcs problem but maybe
someone of you has a solution for it.

thielema at groebner:~/myproject> darcs push euklid:/home/thielema/myproject
thielema at euklid's password:
Pushing to euklid:/home/thielema/myproject...

Fri Aug 26 12:11:31 CEST 2005  schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
  * blabla
Shall I push this patch? (1/7) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: a
thielema at euklid's password:
/usr/local/bin/bash: darcs: command not found
Connection to euklid closed by remote host.

To track the problem down I try

thielema at groebner:~> ssh euklid darcs --version
thielema at euklid's password:
/usr/local/bin/bash: darcs: command not found

and then

thielema at groebner:~> ssh euklid
thielema at euklid's password:
thielema at euklid:~> darcs --version
1.0.4pre3 (unknown)

The problem is that darcs is not installed on a standard path on the
target machine euklid but in my home directory on that machine. To find it
ssh had to execute my login scripts on the target machine which setup PATH
and so on. How can I make ssh to run the login script or to extend the
PATH in another way?