[darcs-users] How to synchronize darcs repositories via an FTP site?

Marnix Klooster marnix.klooster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 18:51:35 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Here's a question that I couldn't find anything about in the manual, on
the wiki or in the mailing list archives.  (Well, except for this
thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.darcs.user/7628.  But
that doesn't seem to cut it for me.)

I have two computers, "work" and "home", and I use both to work on
several small projects: sometimes on one, sometimes on the other,
depending on where I am.  If these computers would be connected, I'd
simply have two repositories on both sides, and "darcs pull" changes
from the other one when needed.

However, "work" and "home" are not connected.  The only system that they
have common access to (excepting USB sticks and the like) is "isp", a
small amount of webspace that I can reach only through FTP and HTTP (so
not rsync, ssh, shell, etc.).

My question: How can set things up so that I can easily make changes
both at either computer, and close off with one simple action to 'push'
the changes to the FTP site?  Are other people using this set-up (and do
you have any scripts and/or suggestions)?  Or have other people tried,
and failed?

(I'm a bit surprised that I couldn't find anything about this kind of
set-up; am I the only one with this kind of config?  Or didn't I look in
the right places?)

Thanks in advance!

Groetjes,
 <><
Marnix

P.S.  Wait, I just now see the suggestion in the manual to use patch
bundles (send/apply).  Perhaps I can use the FTP site to communicate
patch bundles?

--
Marnix Klooster
marnix.klooster at gmail.com