[darcs-users] darcs failed: (sftp) failed to fetch files.

Michael Shuler michael at pbandjelly.org
Fri Sep 2 22:03:20 UTC 2005

Hello all,

When using darcs get to a remote host, I get the following:

michael at ares: ~/tmp $ darcs get
mshuler at darcs.dfw1.foobarra.com:/var/lib/darcs/rs-rhn-api
Password:
Password:

darcs failed:  (sftp) failed to fetch files.
source directory: /var/lib/darcs/rs-rhn-api/_darcs/patches
source files:
20050824212913-0090d-f8af9b6acc8d3da0868bc2b391284072d53dcfee.gz

However, ssh, scp, and sftp all work properly when run alone.

I have posted a terminal log, as well as a strace log of the failure at:

http://pbandjelly.org/darcs_failed.log.txt
http://pbandjelly.org/darcs_failed_strace.txt

This failure occurs on clean Debian Sid 32-bit and 64-bit installs with
the current 1.0.3 .deb's installed, as well as with the static 1.0.4rc
download from http://www.carpetcode.org/get-carpet-darcs.html.  This
same error occurs on two different workstations - work and home.

The remote host repositories can successfully be fetched from a
slackware-current workstation that I have, as well as from my two Deb
workstations using a debootstrap chroot of Sarge.  Other Debian users at
work can fetch the repositories, as well, using various Sarge, testing,
and hybrid installs.

This appears to not be the first post on this topic:

http://bugs.darcs.net//Ticket/Display.html?id=211
http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2005-August/008225.html

Any help would be great!

Kind Regards,